300 McIntosh Street
Beverly, OH 45715
P.O. Box 728
Beverly, OH 45715
Manager: Susan Chipps
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday and Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
Built in 1967, the Lyman-Pomeroy Beverly Public Library serves the northwestern corner of Washington County. The Beverly Library grew out of a small library established by the WPA in 1936 and was originally housed in a local school. The current building was built with funds from the Lyman Pomeroy estate and Appalachia grants. The library has convenient parking at the front and side doors and is fully handicapped accessible.
The Beverly Public Library has over 38,000 items in its collection of books, audio books, movies, music CDs, and magazines. As with all Washington County Public Libraries, the Beverly Library has public access computers with printing capabilities, free wi-fi, a photocopy machine, and offers fax service. In addition, the library has a book magnifier for use by the visually impaired and an Ellison dye-cut machine. The library also has a large meeting room available for public use.
The Beverly Library offers a variety of programs for both children and adults. In addition to regularly scheduled programs, the library also offers special programs throughout the year highlighted by the Summer Reading Program. Check the Event Calendar to see what programs are currently being offered.
If you have questions about programming, contact the Beverly Public Library at 740-984-4060.
Regularly Scheduled Programs
- Story Time - A fun-filled hour of stories, movies, crafts, games, and a snack. For children ages 2 - 5. Story Time is held the second and fourth Wednesday of each month at 11:00 a.m. A parent or caregiver is requested to remain with the children during the program.
- The Beverly Library Summer Reading club will begin on June 6th and run until July 16th. There are activities at the Library every week day. Monday we have family night at 4. There will also be a walking club at 6:30 at the Waterford Fair Grounds. On Tuesday we will have a family movie night at 4. Contact the Library to find out about what is showing. On Wednesday we have Story Time at 11am. Children ages 2-6 are welcome with an adult. On Thursdays at 1 we will have an elementary children program. The teens will be visiting different locations in the Beverly-Waterford area on Friday at 10am. We also have reading clubs for the different age groups. The Read-To-Me program is for children that haven't learned to read yet. Someone reads to them and then writes down the title of the book. The beginner readers (grades 1-5), need to read ten (10) books of their choosing. We ask that the books be at their reading level. As they are reading they need to write down the titles. The teens (grades 6-12) are asked to read ten (10) hours. We don't care what they read, as long as it's ten hours. They will get a chance to spin the prize wheel for every hour, up to ten. The adults are asked to read twenty (20) hours. Again we don't care what is read. These could be reading with/to children. Everyone who completes their reading and has returned their record sheet by July 16 at 3:00pm will receive a gift bag. They will also be invited to our pool party and be entered in a drawing for prizes. No record sheets will be accepted after July 16.