Free Income Tax Help
The AARP Tax-Aide Assistance Program is offered free to low and moderate income taxpayers, with special attention to those age 60 and older. Help is given on a first come, first served basis, unless otherwise noted.
Please bring the following items:
- Copy of your previous year's tax return
- W-2 forms from each employer
- All 1099 forms (1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-misc., etc.) showing interest and/or dividends as well as documentation showing the original purchase price of your sold assets
- If you were paid Social Security benefits, bring your SSA-1099
- If you received a pension or annuity, bring your 1099R
- All forms indicating federal income tax paid
- If applicable, unemployment compensation statements
- Child care provider information (name, employer ID, SSN)
- If itemizing deductions, bring all receipts or canceled checks for items such as medical expenses, taxes paid, mortgage interest paid, and charitable contributions
- Social Security numbers for all dependents
The AARP Tax-Aide Assistance Program will be available at the following locations;
- Barlow Public Library
45 White Oak Professional Center, Vincent
Wednesdays: 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
February 5 - April 9
- Beverly Public Library
300 McIntosh Street, Beverly
Mondays from 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
February 3 - April 8
Call 740-984-4060 to make an appointment.
- Knights of Columbus
312 Franklin Street, Marietta
Mondays and Thursdays from 9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
February 3 - April 14
- Marietta Township Recreation Center (the old Reno School)
Sandhill Road, Reno
Wednesday, February 19 from 12:30 - 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday, March 19 from 12:30 - 4:00 p.m.
The Ohio Benefit Bank offers free income tax return filling for individuals and families whose annual household income is less than $60,000. Please bring the same tax information listed for the AARP Tax-Aide Assistance Program.
- Caring Connection
411 Scammel Street, Marietta
Monday - Friday from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
By appointment only. Call 740-376-9903 to make an appointment.
- Washington-Morgan Community Action
218 Putnam Street, Marietta
Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
By appointment only. Call 740-373-3745 to make an appointment.
"Super Saturday Tax Day Clinic" - February 8, from 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Appointment required.