Free Income Tax Help
The AARP Tax-Aide Assistance Program is offered free to low and moderate income taxpayers, with special attention to those age 60 and older. Help is given on a first come, first served basis, unless otherwise noted.
Please bring the following items:
- Copy of your previous year's tax return
- W-2 forms from each employer
- All 1099 forms (1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-misc., etc.) showing interest and/or dividends as well as documentation showing the original purchase price of your sold assets
- If you were paid Social Security benefits, bring your SSA-1099
- If you received a pension or annuity, bring your 1099R
- All forms indicating federal income tax paid
- If applicable, unemployment compensation statements
- Child care provider information (name, employer ID, SSN)
- If itemizing deductions, bring all receipts or canceled checks for items such as medical expenses, taxes paid, mortgage interest paid, and charitable contributions
- Social Security numbers for all dependents
The AARP Tax-Aide Assistance Program will be available at the following locations;
Barlow Public Library - 45 White Oak Professional Center, Vincent, OH 45712
Wednesdays: 9:15 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
February 3 - April 13
Call 740-678-0103 to make an appointment.
Belpre Public Library - 2012 Washington Blvd., Belpre, OH 45714
Friday, February 26 and Friday, March 18: 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Call 740-423-8381 to make an appointment.
Beverly Public Library - McIntosh Street, Beverly, OH
Mondays: 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Mondays: February 1 - April 11
Call 740-962-5600 to make an appointment.
Knights of Columbus, Marietta - 312 Franklin Street, Marietta, OH
Mondays and Thursdays: 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
February 1 - April 14
Marietta Township Senior Center (Old Reno School) - 260 Sandhill Rd. Reno, OH
Wednesdays, February 17 & March 16: 12:30 - 3:30 p.m.
The Ohio Benefit Bank offers free income tax return filling for individuals and families whose annual household income is less than $95,000 for married filing jointly or $65,000 for all others.
411 Scammel Street, Marietta
Monday - Friday from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m
By appointment only. Call 740-376-9903 to make an appointment.
Washington-Morgan Community Action
218 Putnam Street, Marietta, OH 45750
February 1 through April 15.
By appointment only. Call 373-3745, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., M-F.