100 Merchant Street
New Matamoras, OH 45767
Manager: Kelly Brady
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday and Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
The New Matamoras Public Library began as a WPA project in the mid-1930s and was located in five different buildings until the present building was constructed in 1987. Located in the extreme northeast corner of Washington County, the New Matamoras Public Library has a wonderful home-town feel and is a welcome source of information and entertainment. The library has plenty of off-street parking to make getting in and out easy.
The New Matamoras Library has over 20,000 items in its collection of books, audio books, movies, music CDs, and magazines. As with all Washington County Public Libraries, the New Matamoras Library has public access computers with printing capabilities, free wi-fi, a photocopy machine, and offers fax service. The library also has a meeting room available for public use.
The New Matamoras Library offers a variety of programs for both children and adults. In addition to regularly scheduled programs, the library also offers special programs throughout the year highlighted by the Summer Reading Program. Check the Event Calendar to see what programs are currently being offered.
Regularly Scheduled Programs
- Story Hour - Registration is now underway at the New Matamoras Library for the Winter/Spring Story Hour program. Story Hour is an interactive program designed for 2 through 5-year-olds and their parent/caregiver. The program features stories, crafts, creative play and music while encouraging interaction with other children. Programming will begin on February 3, 2016 and will meet every Wednesday at 10:00 a.m. Space is limited, registration is required. For more information or to register your child, please call (740) 865-3386.
- Coffee Break - A library-sponsored program featuring guest speakers from around the community. Attendance is free and everyone is welcome to attend. Unless noted otherwise, Coffee Break meets in the library's meeting room on the second Monday of the month at 10:00 a.m.