Free Income Tax Help

The AARP Tax-Aide Assistance Program is offered free to low and moderate income taxpayers, with special attention to those age 60 and older. Help is given on a first come, first served basis, unless otherwise noted.

Please bring the following items:

  • Copy of your previous year's tax return
  • W-2 forms from each employer
  • All 1099 forms (1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-misc., etc.) showing interest and/or dividends as well as documentation showing the original purchase price of your sold assets
  • If you were paid Social Security benefits, bring your SSA-1099
  • If you received a pension or annuity, bring your 1099R
  • All forms indicating federal income tax paid
  • If applicable, unemployment compensation statements
  • Child care provider information (name, employer ID, SSN)
  • If itemizing deductions, bring all receipts or canceled checks for items such as medical expenses, taxes paid, mortgage interest paid, and charitable contributions
  • Social Security numbers for all dependents

The AARP Tax-Aide Assistance Program will be available at the following locations;

Barlow Public Library - 45 White Oak Professional Center, Vincent
Wednesdays, Feb. 7th - April 11th: 9:15 am-1:00 pm 
Call 740-678-0103 for an appointment.

Beverly Public Library - 300 McIntosh St., Beverly
Feb. 5th - April 9th
Mondays, 9:30 am- 3:30 pm & Wednesdays, 5:30-7:30 pm 
Call 740-984-4060 for an appointment.

Knights Of Columbus - 312 Franklin St. in Harmar 
Feb. 1st - April 12th
Mondays & Thursdays 9:30 am-3:30 pm
First come, first serve.

Ohio Benefit Bank
The Ohio Benefit Bank offers free income tax return filling for individuals and families whose annual household income is less than $95,000 for married filing jointly or $65,000 for all others.

Washington-Morgan County Community Action - 218 Putnam St.
For Washington County residents, a Super Saturday Tax clinic will be held on Saturday February 10th from 9am-2pm. Washington County residents may also call to schedule an appointment through the week, if they are unable to make the Saturday clinic. An appointment is required. 
Availability is limited. To make an appointment or for more information call Brenda Holmes at Washington County at (740) 373-3745. 

Caring Connection - 411 Scammel St.
Call 740-376-9903 for an appointment, weekdays 10 am-2 pm.