The Local History and Genealogy Archives maintains an extensive collection of microfilm and has five microfilm readers available for public use. You can make copies of microfilm pages yourself for $ .10 a page or library staff can make copies for you and mail them for $2.00 a page.
Some of the Available Microfilms
- Probate Court Records
- Common Pleas Court Records
- Washington County Auditor/Treasurer Records
- Soldiers and Infirmary Records
- Vital Statistic Records for Washington and several surrounding counties in both Ohio and West Virginia
- Marietta Times, 1803-present.
- Woodsfield and New Matamoras newspapers.
- Washington County Census 1800-1920, including 2 tiers of surrounding counties.
- Washington County Poll Books and Tally Sheets (lists of voters and election results) for all available election years 1864-1908. A good substitute for finding males in Washington County in the in-between census years.